Personal Data Access Request

Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by our University.  Requests for data access can be made by filling out a Data Access Request Form OPS003 (revised 09/2012) (“DAR”) specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, and follow-up data correction requests can be made in writing to the relevant Faculty, School or Office of the University.  The University may charge you a fee to cover the administrative cost for access to personal data (please see table below for details), but no fee will be charged for a data correction request.


Access to personal data



 -  Administration fee for personal data access request (per request) 


 -  Photocopying fee for printing out document(s) with requested personal data (per page)


 -  Fees for editing and producing requested personal data in non-print media or format, such as optical disc or other electronic record 

A fee reflecting the cost of processing and reproducing the requested personal data in the requested non-printed media or format


*Upon receiving the DAR, the University will inform the personal data requestor of the exact and most updated fee, if any, which will be charged.